Wednesday 29 February 2012

Leap Year Indult

As long-term readers all know, I think nothing strangles a romance in the cradle like a woman asking a man out on a date.

However, it is February 29, and by tradition, British women are allowed on that day to ask men to marry them and thus I think they ought be allowed to ask them out for coffee, too.

If you are up for it, make the most of it, for you will not get another chance for four years.

Just keep in mind that the poor chap, unlike you, may feel that because of chivalry he has to go out with you whether he wants to or not. So I would recommend you ask someone you flirt with already. As long as he doesn't already have a girlfriend, of course.

1 comment:

Eowyn said...

My mother gave me a public service announcement on this very topic this morning...I was hoping you'd blog about it :)