Monday 31 December 2012

Whoops.

I finally got B.A. to watch Harold and Maude.

B.A. did not like Harold and Maude. Harold and Maude does not make it to the Anglo-Catholic Conversion to Roman Catholicism (via Usus Antiqiuor) Top Film List.

"That was a hippy film," pronounced B.A., whose eyebrows were still in a tent shape. "That had hippy, hippy, hippy values!"

Later he said, "I still love you even though you like that film."

So now we are going to watch Two Fat Ladies.

Update: "It was bad hippy! It was evil hippy! It was at least irresponsible hippy!"

Update 2: Edinburgh Castle fireworks beautifully visible from warmth of sitting-room. No need to clamber about on nasty wet roof!

2 comments:

traddytrad said...

I have such affection for that movie. I'm glad that it is possible to be Traditional Catholic and still enjoy that film. Don't feel alone. Most people I show it to are horrified.

Seraphic said...

Ah, well. I maintain that it is about choosing life over death although Maude is certainly not perfection is she? Sigh. Sigh. I think that's part of the message, though. Well, the message that I get out of it.