Wednesday 6 November 2013

Stuck on 70?

Buy! Buy! Buy! Kup teraz!

It was very amusing. I remember talking to someone at Ignatius Press on the phone, in the middle of the night because Ignatius Press is in California, and saying something like, "Well, I get X hits a day, so I think I can guarantee Y sales." And the Ignatius Press person said, in tones of horror, "We mean to sell a lot more than THAT!" And I was, like, "Oh."

Most of my writer friends are poets, and back home poets go mad with joy if they sell 200 copies. I would be totally stoked if y'all bought 200 copies of Ceremony of Innocence by Christmas. Oh dear, I suppose I'll have to go to North America myself to flog the adventures of Catriona & Co. It will make a change from mad googling to see if there are any more reviews.

Meanwhile, thanks to the 70 readers who have loyally bought their copy! I hope you are not too scandalized. So far my priest readers love it.

By the way, this is probably the wrong post to write this, but thanks also to M.J. and L.D. for their October donations!

Update: Thanks to #71, 72 & 73!

4 comments:

Heather in Toronto said...

I really enjoyed it! (Deliberate vagueness to avoid spoilers) the moral ambiguity of various characters, and particularly the reveal at the end, were quite haunting.

I haven't used Goodreads much and I'm not sure what I have to do in order to actually write a review rather than just give a star rating, but I will post a review once I figure that out. Why isn't there just a text box or at least a "write a review" button next to the stars?

The formatting on the epub edition had a few bits of wonkiness as displayed on my Kobo, mostly a handful of missing paragraph breaks and the fact that there wasn't an easy way to get to the endnotes and back to get the translations for the German bits. (In fact I didn't even know the endnotes were there until I got to the end of the book, so I had to just make context based guesses on the German.)

Do you know offhand where I might report such things to Ignatius? On my second read through I will actually make note of where the missing breaks are.

Seraphic said...

I will send your comment to our PR lady, and she can pass them on.

Meredith said...

I bought the book on Sunday!

leutgeb said...

Have just read it an enjoyed it.

Pic on my blog