Wednesday 18 January 2012

Blurbs...

Occasionally I get an email that has nothing to do with being Single and everything to do with being unpublished novelists. One common question is "Do I really have to follow the submission guidelines?", and I always say "Yes. Yes, you have to write the plot summary. Yes, you have to write all the apparatus. Yes, you have to change the cool font into Times New Roman."

Right now I am writing my own back-of-cover blurb while stressing over which established people might give me blurbs. And this is so time-consuming, no Singles advice do I have for you today.

1 comment:

Athanasius Lover said...

I just want to say how pleased I am that you know that the plural of apparatus is apparatus, rather than apparati. Let's hear it for fourth declension Latin nouns!