Saturday 18 January 2014

Our Sunday Visitor Interview

Look at this week of short posts and no Inner Child. Alas! But I was very busy indeed, watching and praying for justice for an innocent priest, writing up the story, and trying to get newspapers interested. Priest found guilty back in 2006--big news. Priest proved to be innocent in 2014--crickets.

I'll post my report when it is published.

Meanwhile, Anamaria interviewed me about Ceremony of Innocence for Our Sunday Visitor, and here is the result. We talked for an hour over Skype, with Polish Pretend Son down the hall answering the phone (very confusing to the neighbours) and warning B.A. not to go into my office.

In other news, the trip to Washington D.C. has become unlikely. I'm very sorry indeed, and apologize especially to Washington girls running around trying to find venues, but I just can't afford it. Blogging pays badly and Paypal eventually proved unreliable, so I removed the Paypal button a few months ago. (There's no point you sending me money that Paypal won't cough up without a death struggle.) However, there is still a chance I might be appearing at Franciscan University of Steubenville. Meanwhile, of course I will be in Toronto on February 14 to have coffee with readers without Valentine's Day dates.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh no, and I was so looking forward to it! Is this firm, or if the money appeared fast enough, would it be too late to change plans?

Seraphic said...

It's not firm. Nothing is firm except that I'm going to Canada at the end of January, and back to Scotland in late February, and I'm going to a certain Starbucks in Toronto on February 14.

Leah said...

Can you let us know when you have more details about the possible talk at Steubenville? I would love to come, if I can!

Seraphic said...

I will let you know as soon as I know! If I get a formal invite from FUS for February, then I will be there.

Unforeseen and unexpected circumstances completely threw my USA "tour" into the trash very soon after I made my plans, so I am dependent on other people's departmental budgets, etc. It's very disappointing, but I simply cannot afford to travel without a speaker's fee, etc, to pay my costs.

Leah said...

Thank you!! I'll say some prayers that it comes through for you!!