Tuesday 7 January 2014

Sick and busy back soon!

Oh poppets! I have returned from the cottage with a terrible cold and a mountain of things to write. My Inner Child does nothing but eat chocolate and anything else she can find, even though I said we should cut back on sugar. I am going now to boil a kettle of water for Lemsip.

Meanwhile, a very happy new year to you all, and keep your eyes peeled when you are reading Our Sunday Visitor this month.

Oh, and here I list the best books I read in 20-thirteen. (The three is still sticking.) Great reviews of "Ceremony" here and there.

And yes I used the expression "pinko commie". I giggle every time I think about it. When was the last time you saw that in print, eh?

Meanwhile, I will shortly get up from my bed of nose-and-throat pain to write on IP Novels about Rumer Godden. So if you miss me, go here. I still have to get to your emails--sorry about that. I overdid it in the "I Can Live Up To My Mother's Example at Christmas" department. Next year B.A. will be tempted to have me sectioned (declared insane) from Dec 24 until Jan 6.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Give the Inner Child all the chocolate she wants so she feels better soon and gets us back to Prudence! Perhaps if you whisper the word "it-bag" softly she will revive, like the honorable the reverend hewbert robinson, sit up in bed, and get to writing!

I am afraid there is no cure for Christmas overdoing. If you have the sickness, you MUST do it all. If you don't you spend Christmas sobbing and being homesick because "Christmas isn't Christmas without the special cookies!" That was me this year. And last year. In fact, almost every year. The kids tear the ornaments off the tree and I have no time or money to go over the top the way I want to, but it makes me melancholy not to.

Just give in to it, cut out everything not on the "Must Have To Be Real Christmas" list, and start your planning in July.

Hope you feel better soon.

Seraphic said...

Thank you, Sheila! You are right about the "back home" stuff--it's the new stuff that I'll need to cut back on!

Meanwhile, here's my latest for IP Novels: http://www.ipnovels.com/blog/2014/01/a-gently-gripping-first-page/

Notburga said...

I hope you will feel better soon! There are some nasty colds going around everywhere, it seems.

My inner child probably needs a Bodis-Riper break anyway: she has been reading and re-reading the stuff and is by now entirely messing up my English spelling...