Wednesday 28 March 2012

And some American fame...

Whoa! Discovered by Mark Shea. How nice!

Hello, Mark Shea's minions.

Mark might be too busy to offer updates, etc., but actually I am married to a Scot. I shopped Seraphic Singles* around for a year or so, and by the time someone said "We'll take it", I had had a whirlwind romance with a Scottish recent convert who simply was (and is) The Perfect Man for Me and been married for three days.

So I am afraid I have to turn down all the marriage proposals Mark so kindly elicited. Instead I will continue to write merrily on Single issues and hand out advice to such girls as write in. Today, however, I am going to Montreal to visit my nephew Peanut and my niece Popcorn and their parents.

But I will leave you with a snippet of conversation with my nephew Pirate (age 7).

Auntie S: What would you do if an enemy invaded your island home?

Pirate: I would throw an atomic bomb at them.

Auntie: Hmm....

Pirate: And when they were dead I would build the buildings again.

Auntie: But what if the bomb poisoned all the land and the air?

Pirate: Then I would move somewhere else!

Auntie: Hmm....

*Update: The BOOK, I mean.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

You've been married for three years*, not days, right? I know time flies when you're having fun, but... ;)

HJW said...

Re; Orlando...

Long ago I realised that the actor is never as intersesting or appealing as the character. Without writers, actors are really just cyphers. I've made it a policy for ages never, ever to watch any talk show or interview kind of thing with my favourite actors, they are never as wonderful or real or interesting as the fictional people they play. Actors should just never be allowed to talk at all without a competent grownup writing their lines. Legolas, the two thousand year old prince of the wood elves was cool. Orlando Bloom just a pretty boy. Sad.

Young Canadian RC Male said...

Yeah LEGOLAS!!!!!!! And as always I love the Pirate Stories. I also liked the sniper cat swashbuckler of the day too.

some guy on the street said...

HJW: Oh, I think Alec Guinness manages to be interesting on paper, at least. A couple days of Fr. Brown, maybe?

For myself, I can't stand that Jacksonian travesty anymore, Legolas especially --- except for maybe Eomer. Yes, Eomer is exactly what he should be.

TGWWS said...

Please, please, please change the SP SOON! Shelled prawns are fine, but long-haired elves are a bridge too far. Bring back Sniper Kitty!

Jam said...

I think you've discovered the way to keep men off your blog, Auntie...

Seraphic said...

Hmm. I wasn't counting on men actually liking Orlando Bloom as Legolas. I thought it was universally decided among men that they all hated Orlando Bloom.

Is there some reverse psychology here? I dye my blog pink, and then Mark Shea actually takes notice of it, and tells his minions, which means a lot more men show up.

I know this kind of thing--going super fem and trying to avoid men--works in social life, but I did not realize it had implications for blogging.... Hm....

Vivien said...

Kids say the darndest things! Love your little pirate anecdotes. And I love today's swashbuckler protector. Legolas (and Orlando Bloom) is my favorite.

berenike said...

What TGWWS said!

Sylvia said...

EOMER.