Thursday 8 March 2012

Zagłosuj i wygraj

Update (Friday): Ooo. Don't like the current margin. Must...beat...other...foreigner. Zagłosuj! Zagłosuj!

***

I see that Anielskie Single is up for "Best Catholic Book" or, rather "Najlepsza książka katolicka" in the Literature section, and all of a sudden I am seized by a large, fat, desire to win.

So if you can read enough Polish to fill in forms, could you toddle over to this interesting webpage and vote for little me? I see I am currently #2.

Have I mentioned how much I love Poland? I love Poland. Poland is very nice to me and my book. I wish I could express this in great, effusive paragraphs of Polish, but so far I am still on "Czy pani może czegoś się napić ze mną dziś wieczorem?"


Update: Świetny! Anielskie Single is ahead for now. Suddenly I think I know how Father Z feels! :-D

6 comments:

Nzie said...

I speak some Russian and have been to Poland (with a quick lesson in phonetics) so I could just navigate all right but I resorted to Google Translate for actually reading with any sort of speed. I voted for your book, but I guess there's also a drawing among voters or something where they'll send the winner one of the books... you also have to confirm your vote (they send a link to your email). There weren't any residency restrictions that I could find in the rules so I went ahead with it (and also picked fairly randomly based on whatever words I could pick out from the other titles). Good luck!

Irenaeus G. Saintonge said...

I checked out the link to see if I could fake my way through it based on pictures and context and loanwords. Unfortunately it was a bit much for me. Sorry!

Seraphic said...

Thanks, Nzie! What will you do if they send you one of the books?!

Irenaeus, that's quite all right. I was thinking more of the Polish-speaking readers!

Samuel J. Howard said...

I voted for you... or I ordered a large delivery of borscht and keilbasa. Not entirely sure which.

Nzie said...

Hm, not sure, Auntie. I do go to a church that is Ukrainian/Polish ethnic (I switch between Latin and Eastern Rites), but it's almost all in English and not many speak Polish... I do have a Polish friend who lives in Spain, and a couple American friends who studied in Poland, so maybe I'd just give it away. :-)

Also, if anyone else wants to vote still, I don't know how long this link will work, but you can use Google Translate and it will translate the whole page:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fksiazkakatolicka.pl%2Findex.php%3Fcontent%3Dglosowanie

And if you can't get to that (expired link or something), then just paste

http://ksiazkakatolicka.pl/index.php?content=glosowanie

into

translate.google.com

-- it even translates the book titles. :-)

I hope your book does well! My mom's book got translated into Polish too by a Catholic publisher -- I think they like to license a lot of foreign books.

~Nzie

kozz said...

Thanks for the google translate link Nzie. Voted for you Ms. Seraphic.