Friday 18 October 2013

Prayers, Please, For a 39+ Bride

For some reason, I am permanently angry at some Eavesdropping blogger who said that Auntie Seraphic's poppets never seem to get married. Well, that was a big fat lie on his part.

If God called you all to be Single and you all thought that was a fantastic way to live your entire earthly life, I would not give a whoop what he said. However, I know a lot of you want to get married, so Mr Sneery saying that you never do rankled in my cranky soul.

So guess what? Your fellow reader Katy, who is 39+ and has been reading for a couple of years, is getting married tomorrow!

Normally I do not announce readers' weddings because I do not want the vast majority of you to bang your head on your computer keyboards wailing "When will it be my turn?" But I LOVE to mention the weddings of those OVER 35, especially those OVER 39+, to prove that sometimes it's just a case of TIME. And it would be super-fantastic if some of you teens and 20-somethings asked yourself, "Say, if I KNEW that I wasn't getting married until I was 39+, what interesting things could I do with my life right now?"

Anyway, best wishes to Katy and congratulations to her groom, and here's hoping it does not hail on their wedding day.

(It hailed on MY wedding day.)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wedding announcement sometimes is nice and hope-giving. Perhaps you could have a tally/count thing on the side, with the number of readers who get married.

And best wished to Katy!

Brigid said...

May God grant them many happy years! May every piece of hail and droplet of rain and snowflake and each little ray of sun betoken a thousand blessings to come.

Pearlmusic said...

It's nice to think that enjoying single life doesn't make you everlastingly immune to love and marriage. I have made many a silly thing out of fear that just enjoying and accepting my present state of life will prevent me from getting married forever. Seems like a bit fat lie, so thank you for these words of encouragement. Best wishes and blessings to the Bride!

Heather in Toronto said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! May the Lord bless their life together!

Andrea said...

That's super exciting. Congratulations to Katy!

Sheila said...

Congrats! I'm sure she's had a lovely 39+ years and I hope the balance of her life, with her new husband, are delightful too.

Julia said...

Congratulations to Katy and her soon-to-be husband and their families!

'And it would be super-fantastic if some of you teens and 20-somethings asked yourself, "Say, if I KNEW that I wasn't getting married until I was 39+, what interesting things could I do with my life right now?"'

Seraphic, I think that this point bears repeating many, many times. This is a really good piece of advice.

HappyToBeHere said...

That is an awesome question to ask: "Say, if I KNEW that I wasn't getting married until I was 39+, what interesting things could I do with my life right now?"'

There's a whole blog post in that :)

And congrats to the bride!

Seraphic said...

To all those looking for my critic--ha! Like I'd give you a handy phrase with which to find him. No way. No traffic for him!

sciencegirl said...

Congratulations to Katy and her husband-to-be! Many happy years and blessings!

Kate P said...

May God bless them abundantly with many happy years!

thepinkeminence said...

Congratulations to both of them!!

Nzie said...

Congratulations to Katy!

Jackie said...

Best wishes to Katy and congrats to the groom! I hope your wedding day was wonderful! :-)

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to Katy and husband, all the best for many decades to come, congratulations! :-D

Sinéad.

Liz said...

I'm just one of those teens-and-20-somethings writing to say Thank you, Auntie!! In order to answer the question I should as myself, I'm starting a list. It's the same concept of a bucket list, but so far the only name I can think of is The "interesting-things-to-do-before-I-get-married-at-39+" List. :) This will be SO much fun!

KimP said...

Best wishes, Katy!

Katy said...

Thanks all! It did NOT hail, happily. We are on our honeymoon with limited wi-fi so I'm signing off. There is hope and no matter what happens, Jesus is all.